Open all year
Morcote Castle on Mount Arbostora, at 475 m above sea level, dominates its surrounds. Built on the ruins of a Lombard Tower around 1100, it was donated by the Confederates to the Paleari family the 18 february 1517 who had distinguished themselves at the Battle of Giornico by refusing to support the Dukes through the deployment of troops, thereby facilitating the victory of the Confederate forces. Between 1450 and 1530 the Paleari were important landowners and mayors in the village. Two underground corridors connected the fortress with the village of Morcote 200 m below.
The information on this site, concerning services or products is provided by external partners. This Information is liable to change frequently; for this reason Lugano Region cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.