Permanent exhibition on material and documents regarding the Ferrovie Luganesi SA’s first 100 years of life and, in particular, concerning the Lugano Ponte Tresa railroad line.
The Small Museum of Sessa and Monteggio was opened in the Sixties when a group of young people, encouraged by Beppe Zanetti, started collecting objects belonging to the Ticino farming civilisation.
Museum and house of birth with a collection of artwork by sculptor Mario Bernasconi (1899 – 1963) and his wife, the painter Irma Bernasconi Pannes (1902 – 1971). The house of birth exhibits the artwork of the Twenties with drawings, stories, photographs and personal objects from the sculptor.
The Radio Museum offers an educational tour that tells the history of the radio starting from Guglielmo Marconi (1895) to the present day, with a special focus on the Ticino area.
The ACVC collects, safeguards and redelivers to the population and to all the parties, images and oral testimonies that constitute the collective memory of the region.
A professional painter he restored paintings for a living, painted frescoes in churches and never abandoned music.
The “Museo della Miniera” constitutes a “Unicum” in Ticino, that is, a rarity no to be missed.
The exhibition, created on the basis of a cooperation agreement between the municipality of the City of Lugano and the Association of Memorial Museums of Latvia, is dedicated to the Swiss exile of the Latvian writers Rainis and Aspazija at the beginning of the Twentieth Century.
Approximately fifty works (paintings, watercolors, drawings and sketches for Illustrations) by Luigi Rossi (1853-1923). Genre painter, author of portraits and landscapes, the work of Luigi Rossi lies between reality and symbol.
This small museum, set up on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of the foundation of the Parish of Breno-Fescoggia, is equipped with about eighty sacred and liturgical objects that bear witness to the historical evolution of this small parish community.
The foundation goal is to assure the conservation and the accessibility of the collection of over 650 photographic and cinematographic cameras donated by Vincenzo Vicari to the Caslano patriciate.
The forge was built by the Giuseppe Righetti family from Aranno in 1860. The forge produced iron tools like scythes, sickles, shovels, spades and hoes. In 1979 the “Malcantone Forge Foundation” was established and in 1992 restored the forge in order to preserve some local history for the future generations of Malcantone.
This exhibition introduces you to the history of do-it-yourself films and shows you many contemporary documents such as amateur films, movie cameras, projectors and other devices.
In 2006, the Hotel International au Lac Lugano celebrated its centenary in style by installing a small museum on the first floor.
The Museum exhibits more than a hundred of these wooden actors which, thanks to Michel and Michèle Poletti, have performed on the international stage since 1966.
L’ideatorio of the Università della Svizzera Italiana is place to meet science while experimenting and having fun.